HandmadeLove

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Froggin it.
This doesnt have a whole lot to do with actually making and selling my crafts but it is craft related.
Today I decided that I was going to rip out an afghan I made for my husband a couple years ago. It really was a disaster but it was the first thing I ever crocheted. The pattern said it would be something like 4'x6' and it ended up being 2'x8'. Yep my gauge was really off.
Anyway, it's been sitting around for a couple years and just today I decided I was going to rip it (ribbit-haha hence the Frogging it). Here's a tip for anyone who is ever going to attemt to take apart an afghan, make sure you roll the yarn into balls as you go along, instead of justmaking a huge pile of yarn. Yeah, now I'm left with a huge tangle of yarn, after my dog decided to climb into the pile and dig a bed. :)
Once I get it untangled I'm going to attempt to make it into a new better blanket. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home